Windows 10 is an upgraded version of Windows that comes pre-installed on the latest PCs. It is a feature-pack suite including digital voice assistant Cortana and Virtual Desktop. It offers a little extra functionality than Windows 8.1 for enthusiast users or owners of small businesses. Windows 10 was also upgraded to Windows 10 Pro while offering 12 additional features i.e. BitLocker encryption software, Remote Desktop Connection, Hyper-V used as a virtualization tool, and so on. In addition, get updates about business and device management controls for your ease.
How to Upgrade Windows 10 Using Product Key
Windows 10 is pre-installed on the latest PCs by OEM, or you can avail free upgrade offer for a PC that has a Home edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8. In both situations, the upgrading system is completed within a few minutes. You need to click Settings > Updates & Security > Activation. That?s it,?
Insert the product key offered by Microsoft (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T) in the given space.
You can get a Pro product key for $100 by clicking on ?Go To The Store?, and in case of having a product key for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, or Windows 8/8.1 Pro, you can get it at a less price.
How to Locate Windows 10 Product Key?
You can activate your OEM, Retail, or Volume License with the help of entering a 25-character product key. You can also use digital entitlement in Windows 10, Version 1511 for activating the upgrade without entering a product key. The Windows Product Key is a 25-character code i.e.
Windows 10 PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
You can find your product key from the given options;
- Pre-installed Version: the latest PC versions commonly come with a pre-installed product key. It is also including with PC packaging, or Certificate of Authenticity (COA).
- Authorized Retailer: the product key can also be labeled on Windows 10 or Windows 11. You can contact your retailer for the purpose also, or check the received confirmation email from your retailer, where your product key will be given.
- Free Upgrading: in case of free upgrading from Windows 7, or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, a digital license will be given to you by the Microsoft Store app via the delivery of a confirmation email. You can use this digital license for activating the upgrade.
- Volume License Agreement: the product key can also be got from the web portal.
How to Upgrade Windows 10 to Pro using Using a Product Key?
You need to save all your important content and close all running programs completely before you start the upgrading process. Next, follow the on-screen instructions, and in case of start rebooting your system, no need to worry, continue your process normally.
Step 1: Open the ?Run window? option by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard, type slui.exe, and click the ?OK? button.
Step 2: Insert the product key of Windows 10 Pro in the given dialog box.
In case of not accepting the OEM key, try Microsoft?s Windows 10 Pro product key. It will upgrade Windows 10, but it requires you to switch Windows 10 product keys by following the given steps;
1. Go to the Settings option by pressing the Windows key + 1.
2. Next, click on Update & Security > Activation > Change Product key.
3. Insert the product key offered by Microsoft (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T) in the given space.
4. Click the ?Yes? option for allowing the app to make changes as asked by a User Account Control dialog box.
5. Enter the Windows 10 Pro product key while making sure all of your important content is saved.
6. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the upgrading process. Maybe your system reboots, it is normal, no need to worry.
On completing the upgrading process, activate Windows 10 Pro with the help of the OEM key, and follow the given steps;
- Open your Settings again by pressing Windows + 1, or by clicking the ?Start? button at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to ?Update & Security? to click the ?Activation tab? from the left side, and select ?Change product key?.
- Enter your Windows 10 Pro OEM key and activate it by clicking the ?Next? option.
After completing the entire upgrading process from Home to Pro and the upgrade has become a digital license and is attached to your hardware. It is better to reinstall Windows; it will help to recognize your hardware by Microsoft server in a better way.
For this purpose, you need to use a bootable flash drive including Windows 10 setup files for reinstalling a clean copy of Windows 10 Pro while skipping the option of entering the product key. As the prompt appears, select Windows 10 Pro for installation.
On completing the installation setup, signing in, and checking the activation status, it is successfully activated as the Microsoft server recognizes the hardware and the digital license.
So, friends, we hope you understand the entire procedure, if you want to upgrade your Windows 10 to Windows Pro version using a product key. It is the best choice for increasing your operating system?s security. In addition, if you want several additional features i.e. Remote Desktop, BitLocker encryption, etc, then Windows Pro is the best option.
1. Use your keyboard to press Windows + X together.
2. As an admin, tap on Command Prompt, type wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey”.
3. Press the ?Enter? button.
Is it possible to use the OEM key for upgrading Windows 10 Pro?
In the case of installing Windows 10 Pro, you need to select the ?do not give a key? option, and enter your OEM code as product key.
Is an OEM license legal?
Yes, it is an abbreviation for Original Equipment Manufacturer. It is legally sold to you, in case of purchasing the computer parts separately.?
Is the OEM key expiring?
?The OEM key can be used for the same motherboard for your PC. As soon as you change it, the key will stop working.
What is the disadvantage of the OEM key?
It is connected to specific hardware without any transferring option to any other PC.?
What is the meaning of OEM?
It is an Original Equipment Manufacturer, which means a company whose products are used in other manufacturing companies.?